From adding dropdown lists of dropdowns to the summarization of your documents
If you’re a frequent Google Docs user and have already heard how the editor for words has improved and become more efficient over the last several years. In particular, in 2022, Google has added some features that will make your life simpler.
If you’re one of those struggling to keep track of the latest news, take a look at this list. This year’s newsworthy updates:
- Emoji reaction
If words don’t work for you (or you’re unable to write), Docs allows you to reply to messages using an emoji instead of total comments.
- You can highlight any word, phrase, or paragraph you wish to highlight.
- Click on the Emoji icon to the left (underneath that comment symbol).
- Select the Emoji from the list displayed.
- Pageless format
Sometimes, you’ll need to eliminate the annoying page breaks, particularly when inserting large photographs or tables. It is possible to set your document to be pageless, so it scrolls continuously without gaps in the page, making it simpler to scan and understand.
- Click “File” and choose page setup.
- To the bottom of the dialog window, click Pageless.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Tabel templates
Do you hate making tables by hand? I feel your pain. You can instead pick from the four available tables. They don’t provide any variety, but this feature helps keep track of work progress and product development.
- Click on Insert > Table > Table Templates.
- Select between Product Roadmap, Review Tracker, Project Assets, and Launch Content Tracker.
- Dropdown menu
Dropdown lists can help enter information, and they provide the option of input without creating a mess in the document. Also, Who can use them to pick the project status, reply to an inquiry, select an area — you name it.
Google Docs offers preset and custom dropdown menus that You can adapt to any document.
- Choose the location in which you would like the dropdown. It is possible to place it anyplace within the text or in a table.
- Click on Insert > Dropdown.
- Choose from the Preset Dropdown to add your project status and the Review Statusmenus.
- Select the New dropdown to create a personalized list. You can label or add items to it, then pick colors for each. Make sure to click Save after you’ve finished.
- Include a brief description
Making a document summary and pointing out the most critical elements is time-saving and labor-saving.
- Select View > Show outline. A text box will appear to the left. Use the (+ icon to begin writing your message. Enter to save the summary. Move your mouse over it to edit it at any time, then select the edit Summary icon (pencil).
Try these features for a spin, and then thank me in the future!