Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy. Pack the meatloaf mixture loosely in the prepared loaf pan. Pour the oil into a sauté pan and set over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Stir in beef broth and bring to a simmer and add Worcestershire sauce. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until slightly. You can cook Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef 80/20 lean.
- Prepare 8 oz of fresh mushrooms sliced thin and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1-2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tbls of Equal parts flour and butter.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can beef broth.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
Bring to a simmer and whisk in the flour, butter mixture. Continue whisking until mixture begins to thicken. Then spoon gravy over and serve. Form the meat mixture into a loaf in a baking dish.
Meatloaf with Mushroom gravy step by step
- Sauté onion and 1/4 of the mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until onions are translucent and mushrooms have browned a bit, set aside to cool.
- Combine ground meat, cooled mushroom mixture, bread crumbs, eggs, and season with salt and pepper mix thoroughly.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a baking dish and form meat mixture into a loaf brush with ketchup.
- Bake in a 350deg oven for about 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 135deg then remove from oven and rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- While meatloaf is in the oven melt butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan and sauté mushrooms until most of the moisture has evaporated, sprinkle with flour to make a roux (use more flour and butter if you want a thicker gravy) and cook for a couple of minutes add beef broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer stirring until gravy thickens, adjust seasoning.
Cooking times will vary from oven to oven, and also based on the size of the meatloaf. For the mushroom gravy: Heat olive oil or butter in a medium skillet, then add mushrooms. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and heat until it starts to foam. Stir in the beef stock, and cook until thick.