Old fashioned meatloaf. This classic meatloaf recipe will be a family favorite for years to come. Mix ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and a few more ingredients to create a tasty blend for your meatloaf.. A Basic Meatloaf; Old-fashioned Meatloaf - A.
First, in a large bowl combine eggs and milk. Mix them together a few times then add in the beef and mix well. Grease a standard sized loaf pan and set aside. You can have Old fashioned meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Old fashioned meatloaf
- You need 2 lbs of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of sleeve crushed butter crackers, I used Ritz.
- You need 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 1 of Chopped bell pepper.
- It's 1 of Chopped onion.
- You need 1 of heaping tbsp minced dried onion.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of season salt.
- You need 1 tsp of adobo optional.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each onion and garlic powder.
- It's 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need of Tangy ketchup mix:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It's 1 of heaping tbsp brown sugar.
- It's 2 of heaping tbsp soy sauce.
- Prepare of to taste Pepper, onion and garlic powders.
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly with a fork. Add hamburger, breaking into large pieces as you do so. Mix slightly with a wooden spoon or paddle. Make the meatloaf: In a large bowl combine the onion, garlic, milk, oats, egg, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Old fashioned meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the meat with the next 10 ingredients. I use my clean hands to stir my meat mixture. I fold it over and over itself until it just fully combines. Don’t over mix it..
- In an iron skillet or glass baking dish shape your meat into an evenly shaped rectangle so it cooks evenly. My loaf usually rounds out a bit during baking. Slide it into the oven and bake uncovered 45 minutes..
- In the meantime, make your ketchup mixture. Combine all the ingredients and whisk. After 45 minutes, take the loaf out of the oven and spoon a heavy layer on top of the meatloaf to the edges. Bake 15-20 minutes longer, uncovered..
- Pull your meatloaf out of the oven and move it to a platter. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing. I like extra sauce spooned over my slice..
In a large bowl, pour milk over bread. Add egg, onion, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; mix thoroughly. This Is the Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever. Last week, home cooks across the country went searching for the best meatloaf recipe, and found it in The Best Meatloaf I've Ever Made. This must mean the title is spot on.