BBQ Meatloaf. Form this mixture into a loaf and place it in a shallow pan. Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and the water (if too thick). Pour this sauce over the meatloaf.
Add half of the sauce to the meat loaf mixture; mix well. Lightly grease a baking dish or line it with greased foil. Shape the mixture into one large meatloaf (or, for shorter baking time, into two loaves). You can cook BBQ Meatloaf using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ Meatloaf
- It's 1 1/2 lb of ground meat 80/20.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion diced.
- It's 1 stalk of celery diced.
- You need 1 of small carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 of small fresh chili seeded and diced fine.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry plain bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of BBQ sauce.
Remove from oven, drain fat, and brush meatloaf with BBQ sauce. Once mixed, form the mixture into a log shape and place in a meatloaf pan. Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg, ½ cup SBR Original Barbecue Sauce, cheese and seasonings in large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon to a large bowl.
BBQ Meatloaf step by step
- Sauté onion, celery, carrot, and chili in a little olive oil until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat and cool..
- Combine ground meat with all ingredients except BBQ sauce.
- Shape into loaf on a lightly oiled sheet pan, baste generously with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Preheat grill but leave 1 burner off for indirect grilling.
- Slide meatloaf directly on grill, away from burner.
- Cover grill and try to keep temp. at 350deg F.
- Bake on grill for 3/4 to 1 hour, or until internal temp. registers 140deg..
- After removing from grill let it rest for 10min before slicing.
Spread remaining barbecue sauce over top of meat loaf. Then, pull the meatloaf out of the oven and coat it with BBQ sauce (or a mixture of BBQ sauce and Liquid Smoke, if using). Add meatloaf to the bread pan and gently press into a solid loaf shape, pressing only hard enough for the meat to hold together. Pour remaining BBQ sauce evenly over the top of the meatloaf. Cook the vegetables: Add chopped onion, carrot, celery, red pepper, and garlic to a food processor and pulse until minced.