Meatloaf. Most people who replace their ground beef with buffalo, in recipes like meatballs, burgers, and meatloaf, are usually disappointed. Ground buffalo is much leaner than ground beef, which is the biggest challenge. In case you're new, it's the fat that provides most of the flavor and moisture.
Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar. Brush the loaf with this mixture. You can cook Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeños.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 cup of Romano cheese grated.
- You need 4 of large garlic cloves.
- It's 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 of Beef bouillon cubes crushed.
- You need of For Sauce/ glaze.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of brown sugar.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. He was noted for his powerful, wide-ranging voice and theatrical live shows. He is on the list of best-selling music artists. When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf.
Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Spray non-stick oil on a loaf pan..
- In a food processor chop onion, jalapeño and garlic. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, black pepper, beef bouillon, and thyme to food processor and mix. Pour contents in a large bowl, and using your hands, mix with bread crumbs, cheese, and hamburger meat..
- Put meat mixture into the loaf pan. Spread some of the sauce to cover the top of the meat and put in oven. Bake for 60-75 minutes. You want the internal temperature to reach 160°F. At about the 45 minute mark apply more sauce to the top of the meatloaf. When done, remove and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Cut meatloaf into 8 slices. Plate the meatloaf slice, drizzle some sauce on top, and sprinkle some grated cheese on top. It goes great with mashed potatoes..
It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.