My classic meatloaf. Place carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until very finely chopped, almost to a puree. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add ground chuck to the vegetables, along with Worcestershire sauce, egg, Italian herbs, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
Brush the loaf with this mixture. She soaked her bread crumbs in milk before adding them to her classic meatloaf recipe. When I asked her why, (as I was scarfing down my second helping of meatloaf…) she explained that soaking allows the bread crumbs to swell and retain their moisture as the meatloaf cooks. You can have My classic meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My classic meatloaf
- Prepare 3/4 cup of quick oats.
- It's 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- You need of 1 1/4 tsp salt.
- Prepare of 1/4 tsp pepper.
- It's of 1/3 cup ketchup.
- Prepare of 2 tblsps brown sugar.
- Prepare of 1 tblsp mustard.
- It's of slices Bacon.
Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*. Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. Generously brush the meatloaf with the glaze and place the meatloaf in the oven. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and lightly cover the meatloaf with tin foil.
My classic meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350’..
- Combine ground beef, oats,milk,egg,onion,salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix until well incorporated..
- Transfer to large loaf pan or cake pan and form a loaf. (If u want bacon wrapped meatloaf put slices of bacon on top in a row to cover meatloaf.).
- Mix ketchup brown sugar and mustard together.. pour over meatloaf..
- Bake at 350’ for 1 hour 20 minutes.. serve..
Combine meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl using your hands, just until combined. Do not overmix - The less you mess with it, the better it will be! Shape into a loaf and place into a loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl place the ground beef. Add the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley to the large bowl.