Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze. Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and garlic with a pinch of salt. To breadcrumbs and milk, add beef, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper.
This recipe yields fork-tender and juicy slices. Glaze: While meatloaf is cooking place ingredients for glaze in a sauce pan and cook on stove top until the brown sugar is dissolved. In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. You can have Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze
- You need 1 of medium onion, minced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1 of zucchini, cored and finely chopped.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of pinky-sized nub ginger, peeled and freshly grated.
- It's 2 tsp of Maggi seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It's 5 slices of plain white bread.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 3/4 lb of lean ground pork.
- It's 1 of large egg.
- It's 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions, bell pepper, herbs, salt, and pepper. Add ground beef, pork and onions to the seasoned bread-egg mixture.
Meatloaf with veg and tangy glaze instructions
- Put a good splash of olive oil into a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and let cook for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the veg to the pan along with the ginger, Maggi, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook until the veg starts to caramelize (about 5 minutes). Take the pan off the heat and let cool to room temperature. While waiting, preheat your oven to 375 F..
- In a bowl, add the milk to 3 slices of bread. Use your hands to work them, tearing the slices apart as you go. You should end up with barely moist bits of bread..
- Add the bread to a large mixing bowl along with the cooled veg, both meats, egg and soy sauce. Add a couple of grinds of black pepper, then knead everything together. Be careful not to overmix, or you'll end up with tough meat. You just want to combine the ingredients..
- Lay the remaining 2 slices of bread at the bottom of a 6 x 8 loaf pan (they'll serve as sponges to soak up excess oil). Pour the meat mixture into the pan and gently spread it out until it's even. Push the meat into the pan slightly but fight the urge to really pack it down..
- Add the ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar to a small pot on medium-low heat. Warm through while whisking until the sugar just melts. Use half of the sauce to glaze the top of the meat, then put the loaf in the oven. Let bake for 30 minutes..
- Spread the remaining sauce on top of the loaf. Turn the heat up to 400 F and let bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the loaf reaches 155 F. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving. Don't forget to remove the 2 pieces of bread from the bottom..
Pat meat to fit skillet, mounding in the center. Combine Glaze ingredients and mix well. Remove meat from oven; drain off excess fat. Unmold loaf into a shallow baking pan. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs with milk and eggs.