Turkey meatloaf. Shape mixture into a loaf and place on the prepared pan. Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a separate bowl; set aside. Turkey Stuffing Meatloaves and Mashed Potatoes with Herbs.
Spread the ketchup evenly on top. You can make this lean and delicious recipe with your choice of ground turkey or chicken. By Whole Foods Market (R) Melt butter in a skillet. You can cook Turkey meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey meatloaf
- You need 1 lb of ground lean turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- It's 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of small bunch of parsley, chopped finely.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped onion, white or yellow for milder flavor..
- You need 4 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs or can use 1/2 cup rolled oats to be healthier.
- You need 5 of grinds of pepper or about 1 tsp black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar or 1/2 cup applesauce to be healthier.
- It's 1 of large squeeze ketchup, about 1/3 cup.
- It's 1 of egg.
- It's 1/2 cup of diced or shredded carrots, for a different flavor, this is optional.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced celery, optional.
- It's 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried sage, optional...will add a thanksgiving flavor.
Place turkey in a large bowl. Gently mix until ingredients are well combined. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt, if desired to turkey mixture; mix well.
Turkey meatloaf step by step
- Put oven at 325, cook for one hour. May need longer, I sometimes do 85 minutes! I don't like it soo moist!.
- Mix all ingredients, add egg last before Turkey meat. Gently mix in Turkey meat..
- Cover top of meatloaf with enough ketchup to cover so you can't see the meat. Coat pan in olive oil..
- Shape loaf in bread pan and cover for first 30 minutes, second half the last 20-30 minutes leave uncovered..
- Make sure Turkey is cooked all the way through before you eat it!! It will be moist if you do egg n applesauce n ketchup in the mix!.
In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Season with salt and pepper then stir in garlic and herbs. Place mixture into a loaf pan or shape into a loaf and place on a baking pan. Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl. Stir the breadcrumb mixture and the eggs into the mushrooms and onions.