Stuffed Rolled Meatloaf. Da Beef Lover's Half Time Stuffed Meatloaf. Stuffed with Salami, Ham, Spinach and Cheese, this monster meatloaf will put any hungry man into the Lazy Boy during half-time. This recipe is big and hearty and is a fairly inexpensive way to serve many at a football party.
Roll up meat, jelly-roll fashion, starting at narrow end; use wax paper to help. Roll from long edges, pressing ends and edges to seal. Place seam side down in greased pan. You can cook Stuffed Rolled Meatloaf using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Rolled Meatloaf
- Prepare of meat mixture.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground chuck.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground pork.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of bread crumbs, I substitute panko sometimes.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/3 cup of fresh chopped parsley.
- It's 1 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of meatloaf filling.
- You need 6 oz of fresh baby kale and spinach mix.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a large white onion, very thinly sliced, about 1/2 cup.
- You need 6 of white button mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- You need 10 oz of goat cheese log, you may substitute any cheese you desire.
- It's of gravy/ meatloaf topping.
- You need 1 of can of cream of mushroom soup, 10.5 ounce can.
Layer with tomato, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, ham if desired and Swiss cheese. Cover with remaining meat mixture; press down firmly to seal. (Mixture may be higher than the top of the pan.) Combine remaining ketchup and steak sauce; drizzle over. Stir in the Parmesan and bread crumbs. Mix in the beef, pork, and veal.
Stuffed Rolled Meatloaf step by step
- In a large bowl add both meats and bread crumbs..
- In a mixing bowl, add salt, worcestershire sauce, eggs , cream and spices. Mix well..
- Mix liquid in with meat mixture..
- First spread out a piece of tin foil over your baking dish. Next, lay out a large piece of parchment paper over that. This will assist you in rolling the meatloaf. Spread meatloaf on the parchment in a 10"x16" rectangle..
- Take the spinach, kale mix and lay it over the meatloaf..
- Then layer onion slices..
- Next layer on mushrooms..
- Press the first ingredients into meatloaf. Place cheese in the middle of the meatloaf..
- Start rolling meatloaf trying to roll as tightly as possible. Have seam side down on baking sheet. Reposition loaf to middle of parchment..
- On a baking dish with edges( to contain juices from spilling during cooking..
- Place in a preheated 350°F Fahrenheit oven. Cook for 55-60 minutes..
- Take meatloaf out of the oven and let rest 10 minutes..
- In the meantime, heat up mushroom soup over a medium heat. Empty can into a large pot. Using empty can as a measuring cup, fill it halfway with hot water..
- Heat over medium heat until just coming to a low boil. Whisk until smooth and creamy. If you have extra mushrooms, you can add some to the soup and add even more flavor..
- Slice meatloaf and pour soup over as a gravy. Use on mashed potatoes too which I love serving with this meatloaf. This method is a great cheat method for an easy, tasty gravy..
Spread onions over top of meat evenly. Simply lift up the waxed paper to start meat rolling. Steps: In a medium bowl, add ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, all seasonings (however you would make your own meatloaf). On your counter, work space, cover it with a sheet of plastic wrap. Now, drop the ball of mixed meat in the middle.