Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf. Cover the cheese with the second half of the meat mixture and mold the meat into a loaf shape. Pull the ends of the bacon up and around the loaf. Use your wet hands to make sure the meatloaf is smooth!
Combine ground beef, ground sausage, crushed crackers, ketchup, onion, eggs, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly, using your hands for best results. Form mixture into a loaf shape. Meatloaf with Root Vegetable Mash Andrew Zimmern. You can have Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf
- It's 1 of package (16 ounces) thick cut bacon.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef (chuck or about 80/20).
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese (your favorite one or more).
- You need 1 envelope of beefy onion soup mix (lipton or other).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It's 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of - give or take - cracker crumbs (any kind-I used bacon ritz).
- Prepare 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
In the meantime, weave the bacon slices on a baking tray, until it looks like this. Thoroughly mix the ground beef, eggs and seasonings in a bowl. Then, spread the mixture evenly on the bacon weave. And scatter the cheese on top.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to °350. Line bottom & sides of loaf pan with bacon, slightly overlapping (or weave into a lattice pattern), saving about 5 strips to cover top..
- In large bowl add ground beef & shredded cheese. In small bowl mix together all other ingredients & let sit for about 5 minutes. Pour in with meat & cheese & mix lightly with a fork, kinda fluffing it up as you go..
- Stuff meat mixture into bacon lined pan and layer top with remaining bacon. Just try to keep it evenly spread across whole top of meatloaf. Cover with foil (I used 2 layers) & bake for about an hour and a half until meat thermometer reads °160F..
- Take out of oven & uncover. Bake uncovered another 15-20 minutes until bacon is browned & at desired crispiness. Also, if desired, take back out & add a layer of ketchup across top & bake another 10-15 minutes until ketchup has carmelized into a glaze type topping. (Or use broiler & keep an eye on it until it's ready, it won't take long.).
- When done let sit for 10 minutes. Cut & serve. Is great with mashed or baked potatoes or on a sandwich roll..
In a large bowl combine beef, bread crumbs and milk. Pouring milk directly over bread crumbs. In a small bowl, crack egg and beat it slightly. OR line a rimmed baking sheet with baking parchment and lay ⅔ of the bacon on top if you want to bake without a pan. Make meat mix: Mix ground beef, eggs.