Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf. Stir in onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft. In a large bowl, stir together beef, egg, and milk. Stir in the onion and mushrooms.
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp but not burned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and cool. Remove all but a tablespoon of the bacon fat from the. skillet and saute the mushrooms and onions until tender. You can cook Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf
- It's of main.
- It's 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of 6-8 ounces grated Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, fine dice.
- It's 1 of 4-5 ounces chopped mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk or half and half.
- You need 1 of medium egg.
- Prepare 1 of Bacon bits.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 2 oz of grated Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Bacon bits.
In a large bowl, mix the beef, egg, and milk. Put the rest on top of cheese. Pat the rest of the meat over the top of mushrooms taking care to seal seams so that cheese does not leak out. Bring ends of bacon up and over the loaf.
Bacon, Mushroom, Swiss Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using regular bacon, 7-9 thin strips (thick cut is not recommended), cook to crispy, but not overdone. Crumble when cooled. Skip this step of using bacon bits..
- Cook onion until translucent, just a little oil (or bacon grease) in skillet. Set aside to cool..
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg and milk.
- Add onion and chopped mushrooms, mix some more.
- Add cheese, bacon bits (reserve some for topping) and bread crumbs, mix well.
- Shape into a loaf on a sheet pan, or use a loaf pan..
- Bake for 1 hour (uncovered).
- Remove from oven, carefully drain fat. This is how much I got from my 93/7 mix (see photo).
- Sprinkle remaining bacon on top, then the remaining cheese.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes to melt cheese to your level of doneness..
- Remove, let sit 10 minutes before serving..
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp but not burned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Add the mushroom/onion mixture, all but a few spoonfuls of the Swiss cheese and all but one tablespoons of the bacon bits. Add the corn flake crumbs and mix well until blended. Shape into a loaf and place in a large loaf pan.