Meatloaf Style Meatballs. In a large bowl mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper until just combined. Place bread crumbs in a large bowl. Add milk and stir with a fork until combined.
Line a baking sheet with foil and grease lightly with cooking spray, set aside. In a large bowl, combine all of the meatloaf ingredients and mix until evenly incorporated. You don't want to over-mix the meat at this point or you'll end up with dry tough meatballs. You can cook Meatloaf Style Meatballs using 28 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf Style Meatballs
- Prepare of For Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 2 of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled, whole.
- Prepare of salted water or chicken broth, enough to cover potatos for cooking them.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream, warmed.
- It's 1 tablespoon of salted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tablespoon of fresh grated romano cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of For Meatballs.
- You need 2 pounds of ground meatloaf mix (a combination of ground beef, pork and veal).
- You need 1 of hot italian sausage, casing removed.
- Prepare 1 slice of soft bread, made into crumbs.
- It's 1/4 of cuo heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, minced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated romano cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- It's 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- It's 1 tablespoon of ketcup.
- It's 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of For Serving.
- It's of Spicy ketcup, marinara sauce and/or cheese sauce for dipping.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped chive.
Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan and set aside. Add butter to the grease in the pan and place over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, add mushrooms and onions.
Meatloaf Style Meatballs step by step
- Cook potatoes and whole garlic cloves in water or broth until tender, drain well..
- Push potatoes and garlic through a ricer into a bowl.
- Add remaining potato ingredients and combine well, set aside.
- Make Meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 375, line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small skillet heat butter and add shallot and garlic and cook on low until soft, set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs with cream and let soak while preparing meat.
- In a large bowl combine ground meat and italian sausage with all remaining ingredients, add cooled shallot and garlic and bread crumbs including any liquid if there is any. Mix with fork or your hands until well combined.
- Assemble Meatballs.
- Roll mashed potato mixture into tablespoon full balls.
- Roll the meat mixture into 2 inch balls.
- Flatten each meatball into a disk and place a potato ball in the center.
- Completely enclose potato with meat.
- Place on prepared baking pan and bake about 30 minutes until meat is cooked throigh.
- Serve with dipping sauces on the side.
Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and onions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the meat in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Trim the crusts off the bread and place in a small. Like meatballs, many meatloaf recipes include a blend of meat, which will determine whether you need fattier or leaner beef..