Fool Proof Meatloaf. In a small bowl whisk together ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar. Brush half of the mixture on the top of the meatloaf. The function of breadcrumbs in meatloaf is to absorb and retain the juices so you have a moister loaf.
Allow it to soak in for several minutes. Place the ground beef, milk-soaked bread, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and maple syrup in a small bowl. You can cook Fool Proof Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fool Proof Meatloaf
- It's of for the meatloaf.
- Prepare 2.5 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of for the sauce.
- It's 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tbs of yellow mustard.
- You need 2 tbs of brown sugar.
Spread the glaze over the top of the meatloaf in a thick even layer. The Barefoot Contessa's Ina Garten shares her recipe and tips for making the perfect meatloaf that any beginner or experienced cook can master.. Thoroughly mix ground beef, onion, eggs, bread, milk, green bell pepper, salt, sage, and black pepper together in a bowl. Spread ketchup over the top of the loaf.
Fool Proof Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl mix all ingredients for the meatloaf until well combined. It really works best to get in there with your (clean) hands and squish it all together for even distribution..
- Form meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape in bowl and turn out into a 2 quart casserole dish. Place in oven, bake uncovered 45 minutes..
- When time is up, remove meatloaf from oven, mix together sauce ingredients and spread evenly over the top of the meatloaf. Return to the oven. Bake 15 minutes more. When done let rest 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!.
In a large bowl, bring together all of the ingredients. Use your hands to mix everything together until just combined. Dump the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Press the meatloaf mixture evenly and nicely into the pan. A good meatloaf needs liquids, so we're not suggesting you remove them altogether, just reduce them.