Sharon's BBQ meatloaf. Join us at one of our two locations in Abilene for delicious and traditional Texas BBQ! Enjoy live music, indoor and outdoor seating, and a full bar. Drive through available with the same great service and BBQ.
DISCLAIMER: Information shown may not reflect recent changes. Got this recommendation from a friend who grew up in Abilene. Lunch of brisket, sliced beef sandwich and smoked turkey sandwich with sides of mac & cheese, fried okra, green beans and jalapeño cream corn. You can cook Sharon's BBQ meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sharon's BBQ meatloaf
- Prepare 3 lbs of ground beef.
- It's 1 envelope of onion soup mix.
- It's 1 handful of bread crumbs.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of bbq sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It's 1 tablespoon of seasoning salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of onion powder.
- It's 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of black pepper.
Also serves warm homemade white bread, cornbread and jalapeno cornbread. in the dining area as self serve. In a large bowl, mix turkey and ground beef with a fork. Add rest of loaf ingredients and mix together. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and press down firmly.
Sharon's BBQ meatloaf step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350°f.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients EXCEPT for bbq sauce.
- Once meatloaf mixture is mixed remove from bowl and place in baking dish.
- Form a loaf with the meatloaf mixture.
- Bake in oven UNCOVERED for an hour.
- Remove from oven; spread bbq sauce on top of meatloaf until evenly coated.
- Place meatloaf back in oven for additonal 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and ENJOY!!.
Using a knife, loosen edges of loaf pan. Pour the mixture over the beef and mix well to incorporate then mix in the shredded cheese. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. Place the meat, stuffing mix, water, and eggs, into a gallon-size zip top bag or bowl. Smoosh it all together, then dump it into the prepared loaf pan.