Bacon BBQ Meatloaf. Form beef mixture into a log-shaped meatloaf; place in the prepared baking dish. Wrap partially-cooked bacon slices around the meatloaf, tucking the ends of bacon underneath the loaf. Top loaf with remaining barbeque sauce mixture.
Pour bread crumbs into a large mixing bowl and set aside. Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, and FIVE slices of the bacon in the food processor. Instructions: In a large bowl, add the eggs, onion, barbecue sauce, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper. You can have Bacon BBQ Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon BBQ Meatloaf
- You need 2 lbs of beef.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of About 30 Ritz Crackers.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of minced garlic.
- It's 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Cumin.
- It's 1/2 of White onion diced.
- You need to taste of Ketchup.
- It's 4 TBSP of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of BBQ Sauce.
Crush the saltine crackers in next and mix this all together with clean hands. Add the ground beef and cooked bacon in next, only mixing everything until it just comes together. In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, breadcrumbs, eggs, ½ cup BBQ sauce, mustard, Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Add in the cooled pepper and onions and gently combine with your hands.
Bacon BBQ Meatloaf step by step
- Mix Beef, Eggs, Crackers, Cumin, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Onions, and 2 TBSP of Brown Sugar together and place in glass or ceramic baking dish..
- Use a butter knife to make a gap around all 4 edges of loaf. Creating an area for grease to form..
- Layer top of loaf with uncooked bacon. (I used 1/2 pack of smoked applewood bacon).
- Lightly cover loaf with Ketchup and 1 Tspn of brown sugar sprinkled over bacon..
- Bake in oven 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes..
- Mix 1/2 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce with 2 TBSP of Brown Sugar..
- Remove and drain grease..
- Cover loaf with BBQ sauce mixture. Place back in oven for an additional 30m or until cooked throughout..
- Remove, cool, and serve..
Mix the meat and all ingredients together in a bowl. Line a meatloaf pan with bacon strips. Put your meatloaf mix in the pan. Cover the top of the meatloaf with more bacon! Grab a baking sheet and flip the meatloaf over onto the baking sheet and remove meatloaf from the pan.