Hot and Spicy Meatloaf. Mix all ingredients together and combine well. Melt the butter in a heavy skillet, then add the onion, celery and carrots. In a large bowl, combine eggs, salsa and bread crumbs.
Add garlic, thyme, Essence, salt, pepper, and cayenne and. In a nonstick pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper and cook until soft. You can cook Hot and Spicy Meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot and Spicy Meatloaf
- Prepare of loaf For the.
- It's 1 kg of beef mince.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large brown onion (finely diced).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic (diced).
- It's 1/2 cup of fresh Parsley (chopped).
- You need 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It's 4 of small hot chilli's (or to taste).
- You need 2 teaspoon of Cayenne powder.
- You need 2 of tbps Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of hot mustard.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 loaf of baking tin or disposable similar.
- Prepare of For the glaze.
- It's of Juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- You need 1/4 cup of your favourite hot sauce.
Season onion and pepper with salt and pepper and let cool. Form the meat into a loaf either with your hands or using a loaf pan as a mold. Put it in a loaf pan and leave space on sides. On a lightly greased cookie sheet, shape the mixture into a loaf.
Hot and Spicy Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius..
- Dice your onion, garlic chilli's and parsley. Mix them in a large bowl and add breadcrumbs. Hand-Mix well to coat breadcrumns.
- Add you beef mince, mix well. Add in your cayenne (add more if desired), salt generously. Add on your Worcestershire mustard and tomato sauce. Add eggs last and mix very well..
- If you have a loaf tin, grease it up with some butter/oil. If not grab a small/deep disposable baking tray from your supermarket..
- Spoon mixture into your tin, creating a 'loaf' shape..
- Mix your lemon juice and favourite chilli sauce together. Coat top of loaf (with 1/2 of mixture) and put on oven..
- Bake for 30mins. Take out and re-base with the rest of your mixture (this will help keep it from going dry). Bake for further 30mins..
- Take out of oven, sliced and serve (by itself or with boiled vegetables, if desired) Depending on your spice level, it might be wise to have some yoghurt handy!.
Lay the bacon slices across the width of the loaf so that the entire surface is covered. This recipe is delicious served with hot mashed or mashed potatoes or polenta cooked with garlic and cheese. In a large bowl, mix ground beef, eggs, onion, barbeque sauce, green bell pepper, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, Salsa Verde flavored tortilla chips and Worcestershire sauce. Combine meatloaf ingredients, place into a loaf baking dish and smooth out top. Combine sauce ingredients and pour on top and sides of meatloaf.