Best Meatloaf Bites. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, salsa, cheese, egg, and cracker crumbs. Form into a loaf, and place in prepared pan. Simply slice fresh potatoes, pour melted butter on top, add some herbs, and parmesan cheese.
Place peeled (or baby) carrots and halved baby potatoes on the baking sheet. In a medium bowl, stir the breadcrumbs and milk together, set aside to allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the milk. Roughly chop the onion, pepper, and garlic. You can cook Best Meatloaf Bites using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Meatloaf Bites
- Prepare 1 lb of 80% or better ground beef.
- You need 1 slice of bread (I prefer white but really any works).
- It's 1 of large egg, not beaten.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 1 of tblsp Worcestershire sauce.
- It's of OPTIONAL 1 crushed beef bouillon cube.
- It's of OPTIONAL 1 large slice yellow onion, minced.
- You need 1/2 C of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 C of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 C of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard.
- You need 4 of tblsp milk.
Add bread crumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined. Credit: Jason Wallis; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford. This high flavor side dish of Sautéed Broccoli Rabe is packed with potassium, iron, and calcium, fiber as well as vitamins A, C, and K. This meatloaf recipe can also be frozen!
Best Meatloaf Bites instructions
- Tear bread into small pieces, add milk and let sit while you continue...also preheat oven to 350 and grease the top of a broiler rack.
- Prepare the meat: in a big bowl, break up and spread the ground beef.
- Spread the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce (and if you're using the bouillon and onions, add those) over the meat --don't mix yet!.
- Break the egg in then add the wet bread pieces, any milk too.
- Using a chopping motion with your hand, combine everything --don't squish the meat through your fingers, it'll make the loaf tough.
- Now add the cheese and make sure it's all combined -the mixture should be pretty wet and almost loose.
- Using a 3 inch scoop, form the ball into a patty 3 inches long and 1 inch thick...place on greased broiler rack...you should get 8 pieces.
- Now for the topping...in a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard, stir well to remove lumps if any.
- Spread over the patties, covering the sides too.
- I like to put a little water in the bottom part of the broiler rack, it makes cleanup easier...or I suppose you could use foil....
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad, potatoes, pasta..whatever you like!.
- If you're going to freeze any leftovers, make sure the patties are room temperature before packing and freezing.
Once it has completely cooled, place it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container and put it in the freezer. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread over the remaining glaze. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease a large sheet of foil. Mold meat mixture into a loaf and place over bacon.