Cheddar Chip Meatloaf. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
Feel free to use a leaner ratio if you use the ground pork. If you prefer to avoid red meat, make the loaf with ground turkey thighs. In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. You can cook Cheddar Chip Meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheddar Chip Meatloaf
- It's of MEATLOAF:.
- It's 2 1/2 lbs of beef.
- You need 1 bag of cheddar sour cream chips (Ruffles).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of whole sauteed onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of GLAZE:.
- You need 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 Tbls of balsamic vinegar.
Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, parsley, mustard, ketchup and bouillon and mix until well blended. Add the celery, onion and cheese and mix again. Add the ground beef, red pepper and bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Let the loaf 'settle' and the cheese melt before serving.
Cheddar Chip Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place crushed chips in mixing bowl, add milk and let soak..
- While soaking sauté onion.
- Add all ingredients for meatloaf to bowl and mix together..
- Place mixture on pan with parchment paper and form into loaf..
- Place loaf in oven and bake for 45 minutes..
- Mix glaze ingredients together.
- After 45 minutes add glaze on top of loaf..
- Put loaf back in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, finely crush cheddar & sour cream ruffles and add to a large mixing bowl. Add ground beef, rehydrated onions, eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, & pepper to the bowl and mix throughly until combined. Add crumbled bread and stir until dissolved. Combine brown sugar, ketchup, and mustard in a small bowl; spread over meat mixture. Naturally, this new take on meatloaf deserved a slightly different topping than the classic ketchup or barbecue sauce—though both would taste excellent on this cheesy, meaty.