Homestyle Meatloaf. When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back.
Spread the mixture over the meatloaf and tent with aluminum foil. Crumble meat over the top and mix well. Be the first to review this recipe. You can cook Homestyle Meatloaf using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homestyle Meatloaf
- You need 2 of lbs. ground beef 90% lean.
- Prepare 1 of med. onion minced.
- Prepare 2 of lrg. eggs.
- It's 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 3 tbsp. of ketchup.
- It's 3 tbsp. of fresh parsley finely chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of italian breadcrumbs.
- It's 1/3 cup of milk.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of ground paprika.
- It's of Sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of white vinegar.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It's 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
I got this recipe out of the Fannie Farmer Boston Cooking School cookbook. It is now my only meatloaf recipe and my family is constantly requesting it. I did change slightly and you can change the ketchup and water to just water or just milk. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
Homestyle Meatloaf instructions
- Line a 9"×5" loaf pan with parchment paper and pregeat the oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. Mix well.
- Add meat to the loaf pan gently press meat down and shape evenly. Bake at 375°F for 40 min..
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce..
- Spread the sauce iver the meatloaf and return to the oven for an additional 15-20 min..
- Rest meatloaf 15 min. before slicing. Drizzle with juice from pan. Enjoy!.
In a small bowl, combine remaining tomato sauce with sugar. Remove from oven; pour tomato sauce mixture over meatloaf. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix by hand until combined and well mixed. On a baking dish or foil-lined baking sheet, free form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape. You could also cover with plastic wrap and press the mixture into a more compact shape (remove plastic wrap before baking).