Best Meatloaf Recipe. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and ketchup in a small bowl. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Grease a large sheet of foil.
Combine sauce ingredients and spoon over loaf. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*. You can cook Best Meatloaf Recipe using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best Meatloaf Recipe
- It's of Mix these ingredient's together in a bowl.
- It's 1 of small finely chopped onion.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of crushed ritz or soda crackers.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup or tomato sauce.
- It's of Then add beef.
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need of Glaze.
- It's 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. Meanwhile, combine the chili sauce and ketchup (and brown sugar if using). In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce.
Best Meatloaf Recipe step by step
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan (9x13) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except the beef, once mixed well add ground beef and gently mix with hands, or low in the kitchen aid mixer, don't over beat, just until well incorporated. Then add to loaf pan. Only fill pan 3/4 ways, This way all the oils will run off..
- Mix Glaze ingredients and spread it over your meatloaf..
- Allow to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until your meatloaf if cooked through. Allow to cool and settle for several minutes then slice and serve..
- We often make extra glaze in a pot to add on the table if you like EXTRA sauce haha. Enjoy!.
In a large mixing bowl, knead together the ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, milk, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, basil, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Shape the meat into a loaf and put it into the prepared pan. This meatloaf recipe can also be frozen! Once it has completely cooled, place it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container and put it in the freezer. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside to cool.