Italian Meatloaf. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and ketchup. Season with Italian-style seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, diced tomatoes and cheese. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta sauce; mix well.
This Italian Meatloaf is essentially an excellent recipe for meatballs and marinara without any of the hands-on fuss. We started with an intensely flavorful meatball mix—ground beef, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano—but. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. You can cook Italian Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Meatloaf
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground mild Italian sausage.
- It's 1 of small onion chopped.
- It's 1/2 c of chopped bell pepper (any color).
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of basil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of paisley.
- It's 1 of egg beaten.
- It's 3/4 c of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 slices of white bread, crumbled.
- You need 1 Tbls of milk.
- You need 8 oz of shredded mozzarella, reserve 3/4 c for topping.
- Prepare 1/4 c of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 3/4 c of marinara sauce, reserve 3/4 c for later.
Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. In the meantime, soften the slices of white bread in the milk. If you like, you can even use stale bread. In a small bowl, toss cubed bread with milk.
Italian Meatloaf step by step
- In a small skillet heat the olive oil and saute onions and bell peppers.
- In a large bowl add meats, onion, bell peppers and all the other ingredients, reserving 3/4 c mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Mix throughly with hands.
- Form mixture into a loaf and place in a loaf pan or baking dish..
- Spread 3/4 c marina sauce on top.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes..
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese. Return to oven for 10 more minutes..
In a large mixing bowl, or the base of a stand mixer, combine fresh bread cubes soaked in milk, finely ground or micrograted onion, garlic Italian seasoning and salt. Pour about ½ cup of marinara sauce into the bottom of the glass baking dish. Dump the meatloaf mixture into the pan. Pour the remaining marinara over the top. Now, dive in there with the best tools God gave you, your hands and combine.