Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole. In a medium saucepan bring water and milk to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in instant mashed potato powder. In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, onions, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce using your hands.
Mix ½ bacon and fried onions with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle remaining bacon and onions on top, then cheese. Drain the grease from the bacon and set aside. You can have Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole
- Prepare 1 pkg of frozen garlic mashed potatoes steamers.
- You need 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 C of frozen chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 T of brown sugar.
- You need 1 T of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1 C of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 C of shredded cheddar.
- It's 1/4 C of real bacon bits.
While the meatloaf is cooking add potatoes with just enough water to cover to a pot and bring to a boil on high heat. In medium bowl, mix meatloaf ingredients. In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, Barbecue Sauce, egg, chili powder and salt until well mixed. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce using two forks or your hands.
Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole instructions
- Prepare mashed potato steamers per package instructions, and set aside to cool. Or homemade mashed potatoes.
- In a large bowl combine next six ingredients..
- Press the meat mixture in the bottom of a square casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and bacon bits. Cover with foil..
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and meatloaf has cooked through..
- Notes- to change it to a better meatloaf use your own recipe or check out my Spanish and corn meatloaf..
Season generously with salt and pepper, then work in breadcrumbs and egg. Remove the dish from the oven and turn on the broiler. Top the meat mixture with the potato mix, followed by the shredded cheese. Drain and return potatoes to pot. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble.