Italian style meatloaf. In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs and ketchup. Season with Italian-style seasoning, oregano, basil, garlic salt, diced tomatoes and cheese. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except pasta sauce; mix well. Pour remaining pasta sauce over meatloaf. You can have Italian style meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian style meatloaf
- It's of meat.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- You need 2 lb of ground beef, lower fat is better.
- It's of veggies.
- It's 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It's 2 each of bell peppers.
- It's 1 each of fresh basil, about a handful.
- You need 6 clove of garlic.
- You need of other.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 4 of grinds black pepper.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- It's 3/4 cup of Bread crumbs or rolled oats.
- It's of topping.
- You need 3 cup of tomato sauce.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. In a large bowl mix together the meats, egg, Worcestershire Sauce, Italian seasoning, marinara sauce, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs until everything is totally combined. On a clean surface pound out the meat with your hands until it is about one inch thick.
Italian style meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all your meat into a large bowl.
- Chop your onion, I happen to use green onions this time because that's what I had this time, but usually I use regular yellow onion.
- Chiffonade (cut in strips across the width) your fresh basil.
- Dice your garlic cloves.
- Dice your bell peppers, I had baby ones so I used more since they were small..
- Break your eggs into a small bowl and scramble them. Add to meat bowl..
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the meat bowl.
- Mix well, I just use my hands..
- Form a loaf, this is on a 9 X 12 roasting pan..
- If you desire, about 10-15 minutes before finished, spread the tomato sauce on top to allow it to cook in. I am not a big fan of doing this, so I don't..
- Cook for 60-70 minutes, an internal temp of 160°F..
- Let rest about 5-10 minutes before cutting..
- This time I served with corn, Pablo pepper rice..
Then, scatter the shredded mozzarella and most of the basil leaves. In a small bowl, toss cubed bread with milk. In a large mixing bowl, or the base of a stand mixer, combine fresh bread cubes soaked in milk, finely ground or micrograted onion, garlic Italian seasoning and salt. In the meantime, soften the slices of white bread in the milk. If you like, you can even use stale bread.