Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf. Fold the excess bacon over the meatloaf. Remove from the pan and transfer to a cooling. In a medium sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
In a small bowl, stir together ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. Brush a light coating of the ketchup mixture on top of each meatloaf, reserving extra glaze for later. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. You can cook Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf
- You need 2 of yellow onion, diced super fine, separated in half.
- Prepare 2 of bulbs of garlic, minced. separated in half.
- It's 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh oregano.
- It's 1 bunch of fresh sage.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- It's 1 packages of white mushrooms, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt, separated in half.
- You need 3 can of tomato paste (you know..those super small ones).
- You need 10 of (total) vine ripe tomatoes, diced.
- It's 1 lb of hamburger meat.
- It's 1 lb of hot Italian sausage.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 4 slices of white bread.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 packages of bacon.
- You need 1 packages of FRESH mozzarella.
In a bowl, use your hands to combine the turkey, egg, parsley, breadcrumbs, chili sauce and the cooled onion mixture until just blended. In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to over work the meat. Divide into six equal sized portions and shape into disks.
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaf step by step
- The Sauce : okay people. This will be your longest step of this miraculous journey but I assure you that half ass-ing it will only be to your detriment. Here we go!.
- Heat a very large, very deep skillet at medium high. Add the half prepared onions, 1 bulb garlic (should be about 5 to 10 cloves of garlic per bulb), tomatoes and mushrooms to pan. Add tomato paste and 1 tbsp salt. Stir together well..
- Moving on to your FRESH herbs: take each bunch and cut into two parts. Chop finely. Add one half of each bunch into your sauce and stir. Save the rest for later..
- Allow your sauce to come to a low boil then turn down to low (if your stove range is number based, I suggest a 2). DO NOT COVER. Expect some sauce bubbles to decorate your stove top. Get over it. Next I want you to netflix binge for the next 1 1/2 hours or so while getting up to stir occasionally. Everything will cook down and thicken and you will be a better person for finishing Orange is the New Black..
- Sauce should be good. Turn off stove refrigerate overnite. You worked hard. Pat yourself on the back, handsome..
- The Meats: cook your bacon until about halfway done, place on paper towels to cool. My double jack and coke enabled me to be so bold as to sprinkle brown sugar on mine while cooking. It was awesome and I highly suggest it. After cooling rip (or cut) into strip length wise..
- In a large bowl combine the remaining onion, garlic, salt and herbs. Also add the egg, mustard, hamburger meat and Italian sausage. Crumble your white bread and add as well. Mix together with your hands. Congratulations. You've made a huge meatgasm and there is no going back..
- The Assembly: alright kiddos you're almost there. Take your huge bowl of delicious meat tar tare and roll into small balls. About the size of golf balls. Now take your individual bacon strip and wrap it around each ball, gently pressing in on the sides, then gently flatten the top so it will all stay together. This will take finesse but I have every confidence in you. You are very pretty..
- Place on cookie sheet, wrap foil over and bake at 375 for approximately 40 minutes. Take out of oven and uncover..
- In a 13x9 glass dish, pour your tomato sauce. Carefully place each wrapped ball into dish on top of sauce. Now at this point, I put a thin slice of FRESH mozzarella on the tops and garnished with an ever so pretentious amount of parsely...but each to their own. I rely solely on the compliments of strangers and this seemed to illicit the highest amount..
- Now bake, uncovered for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. This extra time also gives your bacon a chance to crisp. Keep an eye out though. Don't want to burn the goods..
- Can you believe it? You're done! And it only took you 12 steps and a day and a half! Guess what though? You just created something so delicious and pretty to look at it's absurd. You will make this again, trust me for all shall bow to your greatness. I realize this meal isn't cheap or the best choice for an easily put together family meal, but it is one that will give you the edge. And that's power..
Heat a little olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Remove from the heat and set aside. In a bowl, mix the ground beef with the egg, breadcrumbs, half of the barbecue sauce and the sautéed onion and garlic. Form each portion of the meat mixture into a small loaf. Wrap each loaf with a strip (or two) of bacon, so mini loaf is covered.