Meatloaf. Most people who replace their ground beef with buffalo, in recipes like meatballs, burgers, and meatloaf, are usually disappointed. Ground buffalo is much leaner than ground beef, which is the biggest challenge. In case you're new, it's the fat that provides most of the flavor and moisture.
Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar. Brush the loaf with this mixture. You can cook Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry quick oats.
- Prepare 8 oz of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of Yellow onion.
- It's 1 of Green bell pepper.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It's 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Hickory smoked barbecue sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Majoram.
- It's 1 of Ketchup to taste.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. He was noted for his powerful, wide-ranging voice and theatrical live shows. He is on the list of best-selling music artists. When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf.
Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Dice onion and bell pepper..
- Mix all ingredients, except ketchup, by hand in large mixing bowl until well blended..
- Place meat mixture into a shallow baking dish and cover with aluminum foil..
- Place dish into oven for 60 to 90 minutes..
- Remove dish from oven when meat is cooked but tender. Use toothpick to test center; when nothing sticks then is done..
- Remove foil and cover top of meatloaf with ketchup as preferred..
- Place meatloaf in oven uncovered for 10 minutes to crust ketchup..
- Remove meatloaf and cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve..
It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).