Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf. Form beef mixture into a log-shaped meatloaf; place in the prepared baking dish. Wrap partially-cooked bacon slices around the meatloaf, tucking the ends of bacon underneath the loaf. Remove the wrapping from the frozen meatloaf and place it on a baking pan.
Form mixture into a loaf shape. Lay bacon slices over the top, tucking them underneath the meatloaf. Make the sauce: add BBQ sauce, brown sugar and mustard mixing bowl. You can cook Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf
- Prepare 1 3/4 lb of 85% ground beef.
- Prepare 8 of slices bacon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 2 of large handfuls garlic croutons.
- Prepare 1 packages of dried onion soup mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of applewood seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It's 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 large of pinch salt and pepper.
Pour ⅓ of the mixture over the top of the bacon. Spread with a spoon or brush. Then fold back every other piece of bacon in half. This easy bacon wrapped stuffed meatloaf is brushed with BBQ sauce and stuffed with cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and mushrooms.
Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf instructions
- Pulse croutons in a food processor until finely chopped like breadcrumbs..
- Mix beef, eggs, seasonings, worchestershire sauce, and croutons together in a large mixing bowl..
- Form firmly together into a rectangular shape. Wrap with bacon..
- Bake at 350° for approximately 50 minutes or until thermometer reaches 155°.
- Variations; Roasted or raw bell peppers, grilled or caramelized onions, pineapple, vinegar, corn, zucchini, celery, pancetta, giardenera, bbq sauce, brown sugar, candied bacon, ranch seasoning, oregano, thyme, rosemary, zucchini, shallots, jalapeños, smoked paprika, poblano, celery seed, cumin,.
Line a small rack or a broiling tray (with holes in it) with aluminum foil and poke holes in the foil. Line a baking sheet tray with foil and place the foil-lined rack on top. (This will allow some of the fat to drain while the meatloaf cooks.) Mix all ingredients until combined. Spread half of the barbecue sauce on top of the meatloaf. Set remaining barbecue sauce to side for near the end of the bake time. Put the bacon slices over the sides and top, tucking the ends under the meatloaf.