Meat loaf. Most people who replace their ground beef with buffalo, in recipes like meatballs, burgers, and meatloaf, are usually disappointed. Ground buffalo is much leaner than ground beef, which is the biggest challenge. In case you're new, it's the fat that provides most of the flavor and moisture.
Meatloaf is a comfort food classic that will never go out of style. From traditional takes slathered in ketchup or barbecue sauce to recipes with a twist like cheese-stuffed meatloaf or our sheet. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. You can cook Meat loaf using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meat loaf
- It's 1-1 1/2 lbs of ground beef or ground turkey.
- It's 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- It's 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- You need 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce (sweet baby ray's or your favorite).
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil or butter.
Mix well and pour over the meatloaf. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
Meat loaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sautéed onion and garlic in olive oil or butter until translucent..
- In a large bowl combine ground meat, egg, onion/garlic mixture, milk, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, 1 tbsp soy sauce, salt and pepper..
- Put meat mixture in lightly greased 5x9 loaf pan..
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, barbecue sauce and remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce. Mix well and pour over meat..
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour..
Brush the loaf with this mixture. Cover and pulse to form coarse crumbs; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in egg, milk, cheese, onion, carrot, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).