Grandma's Meatloaf. In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, bacon, onion, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Add beef and sausage; mix well. Grandma's meatloaf recipe is an old-fashioned favorite, made with ground beef, chili sauce or ketchup, and oats.
I like to use a two-piece loaf pan because the bottom pan catches the excess fat drippings and therefore you can easily discard the excess grease. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, crushed crackers, onion, salt, sage or poultry seasoning and pepper. Garnish with green pepper and onion rings if desired. You can cook Grandma's Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Meatloaf
- You need 1 pound of hamburger.
- Prepare 1/2 C of oatmeal.
- It's 1/2 C of ketchup.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of minced onion flakes.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of mustard.
- You need of Glaze:.
- You need 1/3 C of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of brown sugar.
Mix together ground beef, oats, tomato sauce, eggs, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until well combined. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray. In a large bowl add the oats and milk and gently mix. Combine oats, salt, pepper, and sage in a medium bowl.
Grandma's Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients together and form into meatloaf shape for your meatloaf pan..
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Pour off the excess grease before glazing..
- Mix glaze ingredients. Glaze and bake for 6 minutes more..
Add milk, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and onion, and stir until well blended. When all of the ingredients are well combined, spoon the mixture into a loaf pan and smooth to an even layer. To make the glaze, combine all glaze ingredients and spread half on top of meatloaf. Combine Beef and egg, mix in bowl. Add Cornflakes or Breadcrumbs and mix.