Home Style Glazed Meatloaf. For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard to a boil. Add meat; stir just until blended. Combine ketchup, pepper and brown sugar in a small pan.
Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into loaves of desired size and place in shallow baking pans. In a large bowl, combine all of the glaze ingredients; spread evenly over tops of loaves. You can have Home Style Glazed Meatloaf using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Home Style Glazed Meatloaf
- You need 2 of large eggs beaten.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of 2% milk.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of crushed saltines (28 crackers).
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots shredded.
- It's 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need of Minced fresh parsley(optional).
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients.
Home Style Glazed Meatloaf step by step
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, saltines, carrots, onions, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small sauce pan, bring brown sugar, ketchup and mustard to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over meat loaf..
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until or until the meat is no longer pink and thermometer is reads 160 degrees. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Top with parsley.
This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the. In a small bowl whisk together ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar. Brush half of the mixture on the top of the meatloaf. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot.