Italian Turkey Meatloaf. Mix turkey, egg, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl; shape into a loaf and put into prepared baking dish. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, Parmesan cheese, and pepper in a large bowl. In large bowl, combine ground turkey, sausage, breadcrumbs, egg, ½ cup pasta sauce, garlic, pepper and salt, if desired; mix well.
Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Combine water with the remaining tomato paste and Italian seasoning; spread over meat loaf. Turn out and shape meat into a loaf and place in a bread pan. You can have Italian Turkey Meatloaf using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Turkey Meatloaf
- Prepare of ground turkey (1 Italian seasoned, 1 regular).
- You need of Italian bread crumbs.
- It's of eggs.
- It's of ketchup.
- It's of milk.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of small onion.
- Prepare of crimini mushrooms.
- You need of garlic.
- It's of pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Italian season.
- You need of ketchup.
- Prepare of BBQ sauce.
- It's of honey.
- You need of drops of hot sauce.
- It's of brown sugar.
- You need of water.
Spread remaining sauce over top of loaf. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mash bread together with milk in a large bowl until smooth.
Italian Turkey Meatloaf step by step
- Chop onion and mushrooms and sauté in a little olive oil.
- Mix bread crumbs, eggs, 1/3 cup ketchup, milk, sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl....
- Add ground meat, onion and mushrooms to breadcrumb mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1/2 cup ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey, hot sauce and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, put meat mixture in pan and form in a football shape.
- Add half of the ketchup mixture to top of meatloaf spreading it evenly.
- Pour water in pan around the meatloaf.
- Bake for for 40 minutes, then add remaining ketchup mixture, then bake for another 20 minutes..
Add the Worcestershire, pepper and salt. Then add the ground chicken or turkey and the soaked oats. Mix gently with your hands, just until combined. Transfer the meatloaf mixture onto the greased pan. Turn the broiler on for a short time to brown the cheese, if desired, making sure to watch it closely.