Meatloaf with Celery. Place carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until very finely chopped, almost to a puree. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add ground chuck to the vegetables, along with Worcestershire sauce, egg, Italian herbs, salt, black pepper, and cayenne.
Season with salt and pepper and cook. This step helps to release the oils in the herbs, making them fragrant and helping to marry the flavors. This everyday meatloaf is made with lean ground beef or ground round. You can have Meatloaf with Celery using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf with Celery
- Prepare of ground beef.
- Prepare of breadcrumbs.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of egg.
- It's of sliced celery (I also added the stem).
- Prepare of caramelized onion https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/3539059-caramelized-onion-using-slow-cooker-2-ingredients.
- It's of tomato ketchup.
- You need of salt.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
This is a recipe for a country-style meatloaf, which uses flour instead of breadcrumbs or crackers for the binding agent. The addition of mushrooms, carrots, celery, and onions make this classic comfort food so moist, full of flavor, and absolutely delicious. Just pop a slice in the microwave briefly to reheat. For best results, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Meatloaf with Celery instructions
- Mix all ingredients except tomato ketchup. I used my hand to combine them well..
- If it is too watery, add some breadcrumbs. If it is too solid, add another egg or a bit of milk. Add 2 tbsp of ketchup to the mixture..
- Put inside a well-greased heatproof dish and bake 175 Celcius degrees for about 40 minutes..
- While still hot, spread 4 tbsp of ketchup on top of the meatloaf..
In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf. Place the beef and pork in a large mixing bowl. Add the garlic, onion, celery and parsley, but don't mix with the meat yet. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk together until blended.