Meatloaf. Most people who replace their ground beef with buffalo, in recipes like meatballs, burgers, and meatloaf, are usually disappointed. Ground buffalo is much leaner than ground beef, which is the biggest challenge. In case you're new, it's the fat that provides most of the flavor and moisture.
Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar. Brush the loaf with this mixture. You can cook Meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It's 5 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It's 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 2 pounds of ground beef, 85% lean.
- It's 1/2 pound of sweet Italian pork sausage.
- You need 1/2 pound of ground veal.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of dried marjoram.
- You need of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's 1/4 cup of sweet chili sauce.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. He was noted for his powerful, wide-ranging voice and theatrical live shows. He is on the list of best-selling music artists. When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf.
- Sauté onion in butter for 5’..
- Add celery and sauté until onions start turning color. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool..
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and parchment paper..
- In a small bowl whisk eggs with Worcestershire sauce..
- Add bread crumbs, parsley, yogurt, herbs, salt, pepper and the egg mixture to the onions. Mix well..
- Add meats and mix with hands..
- Move mixture to prepared sheet and form into a loaf. Brush with sweet chili sauce. Cover loosely with aluminum..
- Bake for 45’. Remove foil. Continue baking till internal temperature reaches 168F. Remove from oven. Slightly tilt pan to collect fat on the side and let rest for 15’ before serving..
It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.