Classic Meatloaf. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Place carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic in a food processor; pulse until very finely chopped, almost to a puree. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar. Brush the loaf with this mixture. In a large bowl, pour milk over bread. You can have Classic Meatloaf using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Meatloaf
- It's of lbs. organic ground beef (minimum fat content).
- Prepare of homemade whole wheat biscuits (crumbled).
- It's of organic egg.
- Prepare of organic milk.
- Prepare of sage.
- It's of parsley.
Add egg, onion, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; mix thoroughly. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*. Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. how to make classic meatloaf recipe. Combine ground beef, oatmeal, milk, egg, onion, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Classic Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl using your bare hands..
- Place mixture in a loaf pan and spread evenly..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1.5 hours..
- Uncover and pour out any grease that has accumulated in the pan..
- Cook an additional 20-30 minutes. Check that internal temperature is 150-155 degrees..
- Serve with ketchup, as desired..
Using your hand, incorporate everything into the meat. You do not want to over-mix. Most people who replace their ground beef with buffalo, in recipes like meatballs, burgers, and meatloaf, are usually disappointed. Ground buffalo is much leaner than ground beef, which is the biggest challenge. In case you're new, it's the fat that provides most of the flavor and moisture.