Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. Combine ground beef, ground sausage, crushed crackers, ketchup, onion, eggs, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly, using your hands for best results. Form mixture into a loaf shape. Weave strips of bacon into a basket weave pattern.
Take the bacon and divide it into even amount. Fold every other bacon strip in half. In a medium-sized bowl, mash together beef, onions, bell pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, oats, salt and pepper. You can have Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- You need of Meatloaf:.
- It's of Ground beef.
- You need of Ground pork (I've also used lamb, it was delicious!).
- Prepare of peices of Italian bread, ripped into peices.
- Prepare of milk.
- It's of eggs, beaten.
- It's of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It's of season salt.
- Prepare of fresh chopped parsley.
- Prepare of fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of bacon.
- It's of Sauce:.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- Prepare of Ground mustard.
- It's of brown sugar.
- You need of Worcestershire.
- It's of dashes of hot sauce or saracha (as much as you enjoy).
Then press the meatloaf mixture into the pan. Fold any overhanging bacon over the top of the loaf pan. In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and sauce has thickened. Spoon some sauce over loaf; place bacon over top.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place your peices of bread in a large mixing bowl and pour milk over top and allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Once your bread has soaked up the milk, add in the rest of your meatloaf ingredients (besides bacon) and mix together thoroughly with your hands..
- Using a broiling pan (I believe this type of pan is important, so it can allow the grease to drain out and you won't be left with a soggy meatloaf) place your meat on your broiling pan and shape your meatloaf..
- Horizontally place each peice of bacon over your meatloaf and tuck the bacon underneath the meat at the bottom..
- Now make your sauce, simply just mix all ingredients together..
- Evenly coat meatloaf with just a few spoon fulls of the sauce..
- Place meatloaf uncovered in the oven and bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, spread a few more spoon fulls of sauce over the meatloaf and place back in the oven for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- (Tip: when the meatloaf is finished cooking, I like to slice it and put it back in the oven for 5-10 minutes).
- Serve with a spoonful of sauce with each slice! Enjoy!.
Knead with your hands until everything is completely mixed. Place the meat mixture on a foil-lined baking sheet and form it into a loaf shape. Arrange the bacon slices on the meatloaf, overlapping slightly. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Mix eggs with thyme, salt, pepper.