Meatloaf. Most people who replace their ground beef with buffalo, in recipes like meatballs, burgers, and meatloaf, are usually disappointed. Ground buffalo is much leaner than ground beef, which is the biggest challenge. In case you're new, it's the fat that provides most of the flavor and moisture.
Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar. Brush the loaf with this mixture. You can cook Meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf
- You need of Olive Oil.
- You need of Ground Beef.
- You need of Onion, chopped.
- It's of Garlic, grated.
- You need of bread or 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Buttermilk.
- It's of Dried Parsley or about 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley.
- It's of Eggs.
- It's of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper,.
- It's of For the Glaze:.
- Prepare of Ketchup.
- It's of Brown Sugar.
- You need of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare of Paprika.
In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. He was noted for his powerful, wide-ranging voice and theatrical live shows. He is on the list of best-selling music artists. When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- In a skillet preheated over medium-high heat, add the onion, season it with some salt and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until translucent and starts to develop some color. Add garlic and cook it for another minute. Cool to room temperature..
- In a separate bowl, place the slices of bread and pour the buttermilk over them. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes or until the bread soaks up all the buttermilk..
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, the buttermilk soaked bread, cooked onion and garlic, parsley, worchesteshire sauce, eggs, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is incorporated but don’t over mix the meat to avoid the tough meatloaf..
- Add the meat mixture to a 9x5-inch loafpan..
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients for the glaze and stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer..
- Bake the meatloaf for about 1 hour, drain and let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C)..
It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.