Home-style Glazed Meat Loaf. For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard to a boil. Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into loaves of desired size and place in shallow baking pans.
Combine ketchup, pepper and brown sugar in a small pan. Stir and heat over medium heat, just until sugar has dissolved. Reserve the remaining sauce for brushing over the baked meatloaf or serving on the side. You can cook Home-style Glazed Meat Loaf using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Home-style Glazed Meat Loaf
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It's 2/3 cup of 2% milk.
- You need 1.5 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 cup of crushed saltines. About 28 crackers.
- It's 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It's 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Digon mustard.
- Prepare of Minced fresh parsley(optional).
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the meatloaf. In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the sauce. Mix the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, green peppers, egg, oats and diced tomatoes well. You may have to use your hands, but don't overwork the meat.
Home-style Glazed Meat Loaf instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, saltines, onion, salt and garlic powder. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 minutes..
- For glaze. in a small saucepan bring brown sugar, ketchup and mustard to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until heated thru. Spoon over meat loaf.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and thermometer is 160 degrees. Drain. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. If deserired top with minced fresh parsley..
Just until the ingredients are mixed in. Form a loaf and place in a baking dish. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, half the potato cooking water, and a pinch of salt and pepper.