Moist Meatloaf. Thoroughly mix ground beef, onion, eggs, bread, milk, green bell pepper, salt, sage, and black pepper together in a bowl. Spread ketchup over the top of the loaf. The function of breadcrumbs in meatloaf is to absorb and retain the juices so you have a moister loaf.
Beat egg and milk together in a small bowl, then pour over bread cubes. Combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, crackers, salt, pepper, thyme and onion in a large bowl. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. You can have Moist Meatloaf using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moist Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef or turkey or mix them together.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- It's 1 cup of crushed crackers, crushed (I used Keebler crackers).
- Prepare 2 of eggs, whisked.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It's of For topping: 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1tsp yellow mustard.
Combine ketchup and brown sugar; spread half of sauce over meat loaf. In a medium pan, heat the olive oil. Remove from the heat and add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. In a large bowl combine all the meatloaf ingredients (beef, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt, pepper, ketchup or tomato sauce, and milk).
Moist Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350*..
- Sauté onions & bell pepper in 1 tbsp olive oil, until softened. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat and seat aside..
- Combine eggs, onion mixture, cheese, crackers, milk, salt & pepper..
- Stir in ground beef just until blended..
- Form a loaf and place in loaf pan..
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and spread topping over entire loaf. Return to oven and cook for 30-40 minutes more or until internal temperature reaches 160*..
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Slicing right out of the oven will cause it to fall apart..
- Serve with some mashed potatoes. Yum!.
Place bread cubes in large bowl. Beat egg and milk together in small bowl, then pour over bread cubes. Lay several long strips of heavy-duty aluminum foil in a criss-cross pattern in the bottom of your slow cooker. The strips should come up to the top of the cooker. When finished cooking, lift meatloaf carefully using the foil as handles, and transfer to a platter.